Terms & Conditions
ALPINE RESPONSIBILITY CODE
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Before starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look up-hill and yield to others.
- If you are involved in or witness a collision or accident, you must remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol.
- Always use proper devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe and obey all posted signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails and closed areas.
- You must not use lifts or terrain if your ability is impaired through use of alcohol or drugs.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask the lift attendant.
Know the Code – Be Safety Conscious.
It is Your Responsibility
NOTICE TO ALL USERS OF THESE PREMISES AND FACILITIES
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
ASSUMPTION OF RISK * JURISDICTION
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
THESE CONDITIONS WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE OPERATOR FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF THE OCCUPIERS' LIABILITY ACT OR TO CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
Your use of these premises and facilities and participation in activities on the premises involve various risks, dangers and hazards. Please visit the Safety & Risk Awareness website at www.skisafety.ca or scan the QR code for a description of these risks, dangers and hazards. A description of these risks, dangers and hazards is also available at guest services.
As a condition of your use of the premises and facilities and your participation in activities on the premises, you assume all risk of personal injury, death or property loss resulting from any cause whatsoever including NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS' LIABILITY ACT ON THE PART OF THE OPERATOR OF THE PREMISES AND FACILITIES and its employees and representatives (hereinafter collectively referred to as "the Operator").
- You agree that the Operator shall not be liable for any personal injury, death or property loss AND RELEASE THE OPERTOR FROM ALL LIABILITY AND WAIVE ALL CLAIMS WITH RESPECT THERETO.
- Negligence includes failure on the part of the Operator to take reasonable steps to safeguard or protect you from or warn you of the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above.
- Any litigation involving the Operator shall be brought solely within Ontario and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario Court.
- These conditions and any rights, duties and obligations involving the Operator shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of Ontario and no other jurisdiction.
THE OPERATOR'S LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF THE OCCUPIERS' LIABILITY ACT IS EXCLUDED BY THESE CONDITIONS.